The importance of a professionally installed system can’t be overstated. Disturbingly, CCTV evidence is ruled inadmissible in 70% of court cases where police try to use it – so we’re dedicated to getting every system right first time every time.
We achieve optimum camera definition and coverage with clever positioning and lens usage. For example, whilst some installers provide a view of everyone entering a door, we look to capture an overview of the room itself with a Megapixel Camera, increasing the likelihood of evidence in the event of a crime and allowing you to zoom into the image.
Statistics point to lower crime where cameras are installed. A ‘New Scientist’ magazine article showed that just installing a system can reduce crime, in the areas covered, by over 95%.
When it comes to CCTV, we cover all angles.
Protect what matters to you, your business, your family, your home, your pets, your car, your jewellery and even your garden plants.
Top tips on Home Security:
- Keep quiet about your next trip, especially on social media, you never know whose watching
- Be careful who you trust with your keys
- Always set the alarm, 70% of people who have an alarm don’t bother setting it
- Make it look like you’re always home, leave a light on or radio to make it look like you’re in
- Don’t show off valuables, keep your garage door closed when mowing the lawn
- Keep your valuables in a safe
- Cover up with curtains, if thieves see something valuable they are more likely to break in
- Keep illuminated. Movement activated security lights are a great way to put off potential thieves who would rather operate under the cover of darkness.
- Think carefully about where you hide your valuables. Draws, wardrobe and a freezer are actually the first place a burglar will look.
How much does CCTV cost?
A typical CCTV installation for your home costs a lot less than you might think. They can be tailor-made to suit your exact needs so it really is up to you how much or how little you chose to spend on CCTV, but considering 46% of burglaries result in over £1000 of valuables being taken, CCTV is a good investment.
Can you really afford not to have CCTV?
According to a recent survey*, you’re twice as likely to get burgled if you have been burgled before and have no existing home security. Thieves will target homes that they know don’t have any home security. 6 out of 10 homes that were burgled with noHome Security, were burgled more than once,
Only 1 out of 10 homes burgled who have enhanced Home Security, were burgled more than once!
When you take these figures into consideration then CCTV is money well spent, not only does it give you peace of mind but could potentially save you thousands of pounds in years to come.
Call us on freephone 08000 116 116 for a free home security survey.
*data taken from the Crime Survey for England and Wales (CSEW) 03. Nature of Crime tables, 2012/13 – Burglary